NLPC Easter Concert
Monday, March 30th at 6:00 p.m. featuring The North Lake Concert Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Sandra Willetts. With Tom Pizzi, organist/pianist Tickets Available at the Welcome Center.
Lenten Sermon Series "How Will You Drink the Cup?"
A Meditation From the Gospel of Matthew 20:20-23
Come and contemplate for yourself the question Jesus asked John and James. This series comes from the book entitled, Can You Drink the Cup, by author Henri J. M. Nouwen.
April 2 (Maundy Thursday): "Drinking the Cup: Understanding Our Unique Existence"
We will have an innovative, dramatic night of light and darkness at our Good Friday service on April 3 at 7:00 p.m.
The Great American 60's Bash Benefit for Operation Homebound
Operation Homebound presents The Great American 60s Bash! Please join us at the Savannah Center in the theatre on Sunday, April 19, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. as we have fun and also raise funds for the program.
Tickets will be available following services beginning March 1 and in the North Lake kitchen during the week. Come by and see us!
We are in need of more volunteers NOW! I have six people who are looking for a Buddy and I have no one to assign. Won’t you please give some consideration to taking one of them? It will be a two fold blessing, with you as the major beneficiary! There are so many who are in need of someone who will take a little time and spread a little sunshine in their lives. Please call Marilyn Waites, 245-6638.
Communication Card Ministry
The Communication Card Ministry needs volunteers who can help to call visitors that sign the cards each Sunday. This should only take a few minutes each month. We would email you the names and you would probably need to call only 4 or 5 different people each month. It is very rewarding to talk to new people. If interested, please email Gail Marineau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352-753-77622.
TOBY'S ANGELS is looking for a few good hearts to visit and share stories with residents of care facilities who often do not receive visitors. This is a very rewarding ministry, and these “angels” often receive more than they give. If you feel this is your calling, please contact Jean and Don Beckett at 352-259-3068.
Christian Food Pantry
The Food Pantry appreciates any food donations you make, but they are especially in need of the following items:
- Beans - Canned or Dry
- Cake Mix
- Canned Tomatoes
- Canned Tuna, Chicken and Salmon
- Canned Vegetables
- Meals in a Box—Hamburger Helper
- Mac & Cheese
- Pancake Mix
- Peanut Butter
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Toilet Paper
Please place items in the shopping cart located in the Church Lobby.
North Lake Presbyterian Church
Senior Pastor Search Process
January / February 2015
PNC Committee Update
- The Session approved Ministry Information Form (MIF) was submitted to the Committee on Ministry (“COM”) acting on behalf of Central Florida Presbytery and was approved at the January 8, 2015 meeting of the COM
- After approval, the MIF was posted for prospective applicants on the PCUSA Church Leadership Connection website in order to receive Personal Information Forms (“PIF”) from potential Head of Staff Pastor candidates
- As of the end of January, the PNC has received approximately 40 PIFs from one of the following sources:
- PIFs “matched” by the Executive Presbyter
- Pastor submitted PIFs via the COM system
- Pastor submitted PIFs/resumes via our confidential email
- The PNC began to review the received PIF's and is seeking to garner information on the candidates that most meet our requirements.
In February the PNC will:
- continue to review submitted PIFs;
- begin initial inquiries to pastors regarding PIFs, where appropriate;
- consider whether to publicize the position through other appropriate methods to identify and reach additional potential candidates.
The PNC resumed weekly meetings and continues to ask for your prayers as the committee continues to listen as God leads the PNC to the person He has called for North Lake.
November / December 2014
PNC Committee Update
- The PNC developed and released a survey; 374 members responded to the survey, with the majority responding on-line. There were more than 300 additional comments provided by members to the survey. The results of the survey and the additional comments were incorporated in the Ministry Information Form (“MIF”) and will be considered during the entire process by the PNC
- The PNC held two Open Forum meetings (informational meetings) for the members and a total of approximately 90 - 100 members attended. A verbal status was provided by Chairperson, Bob Hazlett; questions were then asked by the attendees and answered by the PNC and Berry Long, the Central Florida Presbytery Committee on Ministry liaison, at the December 9 Open Forum.
- The PNC completed the Ministry Information Form and submitted the MIF to the Session for Approval. The Session approved the MIF on December 16, 2014.
- The Session approved MIF will be submitted to the Committee on Ministry (“COM”) acting on behalf of Central Florida Presbytery for approval at the January scheduled meeting of the Committee on Ministry.
The primary goals for January/February 2015:
- Upon the approval of the MIF, publish the MIF for prospective applicants on the PCUSA Church Leadership Connection website in order to receive Personal Information Forms (“PIF”) from potential Head of Staff Pastor candidates;
- Publicize the position through all other appropriate methods to identify and reach potential candidates;
- Network for recommendations from North Lake members and other referrals,
- Begin to review Pastor Information Forms (“PIF”) as they are submitted.
After a short break for Christmas and the New Year week, the PNC plans to meet weekly, or as needed, starting in January once the MIF is approved by the Central Florida Presbytery.
The PNC wishes to thank the members for their submission of the survey with comments, for their support and prayers. The committee hopes you had a special Christmas as we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the committee asks for your continued prayers.
September / October 2014
PNC Committee Update
As we move forward, we want to keep you informed about our process and our progress. Our goal is to provide a monthly update on the North Lake web site and the monthly newsletter and/or church bulletin.
On October 8, 2014, the PNC had their first meeting with the Presbytery Liaison, Berry Long, and the Executive Presbyter, Rev Dr. Daniel Williams. The members of the committee elected the following officers: Dr. Bob Hazlett, Chairperson, Sue Kirkpatrick, Vice Chairperson, and Rose Gorman, Corresponding Secretary. The PNC met two additional times in October and the discussions centered around qualifications desired for a new Senior Pastor and the development of a survey to be sent to the membership for their input. The committee is meeting weekly at the present.
The primary goals for November are:
- develop a survey in order to gather information from the congregation;
- plan two informational meetings for the congregation for early December;
- work on the Ministry Information Form (the "MIF" is used to describe the church and minstry to the potential Sr. Pastor candidates, and
- continue to work with the Presbytery.
The PNC plans to meet weekly and the committee asks for your continuing prayers.