Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator, Jeff Hosmer, Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Elders, Judy Etheridge, Rose Gorman, Charlotte Hornback, Lynn Miller, John T. Smith, and Church Administrator, Dennis Heasty.
Excused: Elders, Jim Crutchfield, Orv Liesman
Call to Order: Stated Session meeting was convened in the Peace Room at 2:57 pm. A quorum was present.
Devotion: J.T. Smith led and offered prayer.
New Business: Change of Youth Director job description to Youth/Young Adult Ministry job description was added to action Items
Order of the Day:
Motion was made to approve the docket. The motion was made,
accepted, and carried.
Motion was made to approve the minutes from September 20th Session
meeting as corrected. The motion was moved, accepted, and carried.
Motion was made to approve July 17th Special Session meeting to receive new members. Motion was made, accepted, and carried.
Motion was made to approve Christmas Offering to go 1⁄2 to Operation Homebound and 1⁄2 to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance. The motion was moved, accepted, and carried.
Motion was made to approve new Youth/Young Adult Ministry job description and a salary range of $36,000 – 40,000. The motion was made, accepted, and carried by unanimous vote.
These members joined the Church Triumphant:
Jane Stratz (9/22/16)
Jeff Maddison (10/1/16)
Clerk’s Report: (No report) Elder Reports:
Youth and Children: Elder Jim Crutchfield (no report)
Congregational Care: Elder Lynn Miller (see attached report)
Congregational Life: Elder Judy Etheridge (see attached report)
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman (see attached report)
Mission Outreach: Elder Becky Bros (no report)
Administration: Elder John T. Smith (no report)
Adult Discipleship: Elder Bob Peacock (no report)
Ministry: Elder Charlotte Hornback (see attached report)
Church Administrator: Dennis Heasty
- Operation Homebound on good track.
- Theresa Strickland terminated and ad placed for replacement.
- Some misunderstandings over mid-year statements. Discussed having financial report in bulletin again.
Finance Report: Dennis Heasty
Finances still need watching. We need to be prudent with expenses but not doing badly.
Associate Pastor’s Report: Mike Smith
- Reported on Right Now media and how it will be given to all members in December.
- Reported that Parents Night Out is planned for Little Blessings parents on December 9th – 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm as well as other outreach possibilities in the future.
Pastor’s Report: Jeff Hosmer
- Pastor Dave Stull retiring December 1st and Lynn Miller will be stepping up.
- Brainstormed 25th Anniversary celebration and need for a committee (Judy Kiley, Judy Etheridge, and Sue Kirkpatrick recommended).
- Other suggestions: Sharing past (possible Right Now Video); Concert & dinner; invite Gary Lester to preach and past members to attend; cheerleaders; theme song (possible contest); Bill Davis to lead hymn sing; future-cartoon representing 25 yrs. from now; find where the kids who grew up here are now.
Motion was made, accepted and carried to adjourn with prayer in triad groups and to leave when finished.
Respectfully Submitted by
Charlotte Hornback, Clerk Pro-tem