Present: Elders John T. Smith, Lynn Miller, Jim Crutchfield, Judy Etheridge, Rose Gorman, Charlotte Hornback; Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session; Moderator, Jeff Hosmer; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room at 3:00 p.m. A quorum was present. Moderator Jeff Hosmer opened with prayer and led the recitation of the Elder Covenant. Elder Judy Etheridge led devotions.
Order of the Day:
- Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Susan Burton is the new Children’s Director.
- Chris Endsley has begun as the new organist.
- A motion was made, seconded and passed unanimously that the Annual Meeting will be on February 2, 2016.
- Renting 2 vans through December to attempt to meet transportation needs of LOGOS.
- Discussed future financial status of Operation Homebound (see attached article)
Associate Pastor’s Report by Mike Smith- (no report as he was on a mission trip to Cuba)
Pastor’s Report by Jeff Hosmer:
- Discussed changes to church rolls. Approved all changes by common consent.
- Reminded elders of December 1st Presbytery meeting. Five elders are planning to attend.
- Discussed need for improvement in pastoral care reporting system.
- Dan Baumann’s health is improving but not yet ready to do 3 services. Dan is going to preach at another church to determine if he is strong enough. He will not preach at North Lake until he is strong enough.
- Discussed Presbytery Per Capita expenditure (see attachments). This will be re-visited at the December stated Session meeting.
Financial Report by Tom Ledoux for Dennis Heasty:
- Financial picture good. Approaching our 10-10-10 goal.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Minutes of Stated Session Meeting of October 20, 2015 approved as submitted and accepted by common consent.
- Notes to Clerk of Session for October 20, 2015 was accepted by common consent.
These members joined the Church Triumphant:
- Sidney Vaughn (10/21/15)
- Jim McQueston (10/29/15)
These members requested to be transferred to another church and have been removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Jack and Deborah Filkins (New Covenant United Methodist Church)
- Joan Toole (New Covenant United Methodist Church)
These members are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Lenore Smiley
- John Rogerson
Administration: Elder John T. Smith (no report)
Adult Discipleship: Elder Bob Peacock (no report)
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Presbyterian Women donated goodies for the youth bake sale / pancake breakfast and the profit of $402 was donated to the youth.
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman (no report)
Ministry: Elder Charlotte Hornback (no report)
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- Transportation Ministry is for medical visits only.
- Extended Table had a donation from Dee Adams, chair of Extended Table Ministry along with Bob Kimbrough have purchased 3 travelling communion kits in memory of Dee’s husband.
- Stephen Ministry has new care givers that are very active. This ministry is capable of serving more receivers.
- The Buddy System is always working to share God’s love with the North Lake family.
- Homebound Veterans Pilot Program “Veterans Visiting Veterans” is a new ministry that arose from Operation Homebound. Tom Miller is heading this program.
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- Susan Burton, Director of the Children’s Ministry, is officially starting on January 1st, 2016. She will shadow Sunday School, LOGOS, and all other K-5 programs through December.
- Susan and Keenan will share office space formerly used for Youth Bible Study.
- LOGOS resumes this week.
- Rehab of Youth spaces is underway.
- The Pancake breakfast, bake sale and auction was very successful. They raised $1700.00 for the youth.
- “Not So Scary Halloween” night at Lady Lake ball fields introduced North Lake to many families.
- Christmas Night @ North Lake is proceeding at breakneck speed.
- Promotional approaches have been finalized.
- Mike Snow is working on finding strolling carolers.
- The Narthex and Fellowship Hall decorations are being prepared.
- The new nativity set will be displayed the first Sunday of Advent.
- Volunteers are needed for “Light the Campus”.
- Tickets for Tim Zimmerman and the King’s Brass will go on sale before Christmas. Tickets are $15.00 each (children are free and adult scholarships are available.)
Closing prayer was led by Orv Liesman.
Moved, seconded and approved unanimously to adjourn.
Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session