Present: Elders Lynn Miller, John T. Smith, Rose Gorman, Judy Etheridge, Jim Crutchfield, Becky Bros, Bob Peacock; Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session; Moderator, Denny Dennison; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room. A quorum was present. Moderator Denny Dennison opened with prayer and led the recital of the elder covenant. Bob Peacock led the devotion.
Order of the Day:
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Request for $48,000 to upgrade lighting and sound equipment in Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall was approved. “Sound Stage” will do the work. Funds will be transferred from existing accounts. Motion by Elder Judy Etheridge to approve expenditure was seconded and passed unanimously.
- Discussion to have two rather than three Christmas concerts was thorough.Decision to have two concerts agreed upon.
- Executive Presbyter Dan Williams will preach July 5.
- Staff luncheon for Denny on June 29th.
- Renovating Pastor’s office per Jeff’s requests.
- Jeff has sold his house and purchased a house in Harbor Hills.
- July Stated Session Meeting is cancelled.
Associate Pastor’s Report by Mike Smith:
- Mike reports a “good feeling” atmosphere in the congregation.
- Discussed counseling opportunities in mental health ministry.
- Collecting information on a trip to mental health conference at Saddleback Church. Discussed possibility of staff and elders attending.
Pastor’s Report by Denny Dennison:
- Distributed copies of “The Parish Paper.” Emphasis on personal contact.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Minutes of Stated Session Meeting of April 21, 2015 approved as submitted and accepted by common consent.
- Minutes of Congregational Meeting to Call Pastor Jeffrey Arthur Hosmer on May 31, 2015 approved as submitted.
- These members joined the Church Triumphant:
- Pat Moor- Cheryl Reeder
- Betsy Hayb- Sandy Dennison
- These members are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Jackie Knigh- Terry and Johanna Hannah
- Craig and Brickie Mer- Skip and Linda Wilkinson
- Ray and Violet Har- Lila O’Rourke
- Jerry and Norma Van Norma- Paul Rothganger
- Bob and Sally Plesniche- Paul and Mickie Gray
- Jim and Pat Harri
* These members have permanently moved out of our area and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- John and Carolyn Gasto- Mary Jane Brankner
- David Keit- Pete Whaley
- Lii and Chun Liu
Financial Report: Tom Ledoux for Dennis Heasty. Financial status stable.
Ministry: Elder Charlotte Hornback (not present)
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – (no report)
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- VBS had about 100 attendees.
- June 28 – July 3, the youth will be on a mission trip in Orlando.
- Working on programs to build self-esteem.
- Looking for local service opportunities.
Adult Discipleship: Elder Bob Peacock (no report)
Congregational Life: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Working to improve Shepherd’s program.
- “Spirited Singles” needs new leaders.
- Assisting VBS.
Mission Outreach: Elder Becky Bros
- Provided list of existing outreach/mission projects for evaluation purposes.
- Distributed Cuba information.
- Gave calendar of coming events.
- Planning another Haitian trip.
- Possible joint trip with 1st Presbyterian, Leesburg to Panhandle.
- Planning an article a month in the newsletter.
- Requested 2nd Sunday of each month to be Mission Moment.
- Developing CLASP (Connecting Lake and Sumter Presbyterians) next meeting at NLPC.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- Toby’s Angels have 7 active volunteers.
- Buddy System has 40 volunteers and doing well.
- Stephen Ministry- All Stephen Ministry have Care Receivers and have people waiting to receive care. Leader team keeping in touch with those in need. Lost one Stephen Minister to an out of state move.
- Caring People Ministry had 15 receptions and served 2300 people; securing volunteers are 30, 430 volunteer hours, and have 86 volunteers.
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- Held meeting with Jim Coleman and Pat Schoch to discuss usher training and emergency disaster procedures. We have scheduled a meeting for Tuesday, July 14, in the Fellowship Hall beginning at 1:00 p.m. lasting through 3:00 p.m. to update all ushers on these procedures. Notices will begin appearing in the bulletin and newsletter next Sunday, June 28th. Pat, Jim and Rose will conduct the meeting.
- Elder Rose Gorman made a motion to change the starting time of the first service from 8:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. effective July 19, 2015. Motion was seconded, discussed and passed unanimously.
- Motion was made, seconded and approved to cancel the July Stated Session Meeting.
- The next Stated Session Meeting will be August 25, 2015 at 3:00 p.m.
- Motion was made, seconded and passed unanimously to adjourn.
Pastor Dennison closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session