Present: Elders Lynn Miller, Rose Gorman, Donna Gibbons, Judy Etheridge, Jim Crutchfield, Bob Peacock, Charlotte Hornback; Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room. A quorum was present. Pastor Mike Smith, acting as Moderator, opened with prayer and led the recitation of the Elder Covenant. Pastor Mike Smith led the devotion.
Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux, presented the strategic planning team’s report and the ensuing discussion. The members of the planning team are John Bros, Pastor Dave Stull, Pastor Mike Smith, Mike Snow, Linda Brown, Tom Ledoux, Bob Cook and Dennis Heasty.
Order of the Day:
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Weekly e-mail announcements will be on Thursdays.
- Online giving has been implemented.
- Congregational singing at traditional service has been suspended until further notice.
- Easter concert advertising has been done.
- Pastor Mike’s housing allowance of $20,000 per year was approved by common consent.
Associate Pastor’s Report by Mike Smith:
- Going to Holly Reimer’s wedding in Georgia on May 9th.
- No further report
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Minutes of Stated Session Meeting of February 17, 2015 approved as presented.
- Motion: A motion was made to approve church officers:
Orv Liesman – President
Bob Peacock – Vice President
John T. Smith – Treasurer
Lynn Miller – Secretary
The motion was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Correspondence folder in circulation in elder mailboxes.
- Notes to Clerk of Session for February 17, 2015 was accepted by common consent.
These members joined the Church Triumphant:
- Charlie Rutledge (2/15/15)
- Roy Trulson (2/20/15)
- John Adams (2/23/15)
- Ron Glesne (2/28/15)
These members transferred to other churches:
- CeCe Scofield (First Presbyterian Church of Stuart)
- Vern and Lois Yingling (First Presbyterian Church Eustis)
These members are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Al Lounsbury (nursing home)- Kelly Thomas
- Pat George (nursing home)- Edie Smith
- Ron Lotte-Leighton (Bud) & Joanna Rummel
- Steven Hendrickso- Rita Rohlman
- Barbara Campbel- Betty Owens
- Nora Gilber- Dwight and Mary Noel
- Luke, Ruth and Chris Fieselma- Henrietta Morton
- Lynn Mazura- John and Hildy Devries
- Janice Cas- Glen and Jorun Jones
- Jim and Diane Bridgema- Joe and Audrey Meagher
- William McKi- Steve and Joan Leader
- Terry Littl- Lee Jacob
- Carol Brag- Joe and Doris Brunell
- Bruce and Snookie McClea- Howard and Barbara Pollitt
- Jack Eastwa- Annie Schapiro
- Ron Gambl- Neal Bailey
- Betty Markhard
These members have permanently moved out of our area and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Virginia Derderian (moved to California)
- Doug and Karen Kempski (moved to Ohio)
- Karen Easton (moved to Ft. Lauderdale)
- Dot Alexander (moved to North Carolina)
- Patricia Goodell (moved to Vermont)
- Windsor Eagan (moved to Washington)
- Ken and Denise Sliker (moved to Sorrento)
These members have moved from Affiliate Status to Active Membership:
- Bob and Marlene MacFarlane
Financial Report by Dennis Heasty:
- Budget is tight but manageable.
Adult Discipleship: Elder Bob Peacock
- Developing small group starter kits
- Re-starting fall schedule
- Counter – culture pamphlet by David Platt to be available
- Need new people to serve
Congregational Life: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Shepherding program “on the rocks”
- Encourages greeting guests at events
- New advertising good
- Would like to have Volunteer Recognition Program
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- Need “follow up” on referrals
- Flowers are well provided
Ministry: Elder Charlotte Hornback
- Nominating Committee at work
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – (no report)
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- New Youth Director begins May 25th
- Money shortage needs solution
- New barrier among Rolling Acres
- Substitute bus drivers needed (as-needed basis)
- 2 more weeks for LOGOS
- Family picnic in 2 weeks
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- The Healing Team hosted a healing service on February 8th. It was well attended.
- Need volunteers
- Have 2 Alzheimer’s Support Groups
- C-Coil for hearing impaired
Motion made, seconded and passed to adjourn. Pastor Mike closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session