Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Jack Kiley, Judy Etheridge, Lynn Miller, Jim Crutchfield, Rose Gorman, Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room at 3:00 p.m. A quorum was present. Pastor Dennison opened with prayer then reported about Sandy’s health. He then appointed Pastor Smith as Moderator and excused himself for the day. Pastor Smith led the elder covenant together and the devotion.
Order of the Day:
Associate Pastor’s Report by Mike Smith:
- Classes are going well.
- New member class – had 42 join the church.
- Mike will assist Pastor Dan Baumann with funerals.
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Lynn Miller will assist with hospital visits.
- Response to hiring Sandra Willetts as Traditional Worship Director.
- Thanks to Jean Butler for interning through the transition.
- Close to hiring hand bell and children’s choir director.
- Strategic planning committee report postponed until February.
- Ministry brochure was distributed Sunday, January 18th. “Life @ North Lake” used in bulletin and newsletter.
- Ordered mission and vision statement banners.
- Annual meeting is February 17th at 6:00 p.m. following elders meeting. It was agreed that the new elders should attend these meetings.
- Mike will preach stewardship sermon on Sunday, February 8th as part of the the “Ultimate Lifestyle” series. A letter, commitment card and year end statement will go out.
- On Sunday, February 15th, members will return completed cards as part of our “Celebrate Life” sermon.
- Becky Bros will be primary contact with Daily Sun for church informational articles. Tom will continue to coordinate weekly advertising.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the December 16, 2014 Stated Session Meeting was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of December 16, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to designate the 2015 Christmas offering to Operation Homebound was made, seconded and approved unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for December 16, 2014 was accepted by common consent.
These members joined the Church Triumphant:
- Betty Noyes (1/1/15)
- Joan Dunton (1/5/15)
These people have permanently moved out of our area and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Lynda Sackett
- Marilou VanScoit
- Colleen Clark
- Carolyn Heiser
- Jessica Arnette
- Robert and Marjorie Kalb
- Terry Bowersox
These people were reinstated:
- Craig Bennett
- Michael and Rae Manning
Financial Report by Bob Cook and Dennis Heasty:
- Financial statements and proposed budget were presented by Bob and Dennis. A thorough discussion ensued. The budget was approved as presented.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- Lynn requested each ministry leader to give an annual assessment of their ministry, Following is their response:
- Transportation Ministry – contact person is Ron VanGelderen. Drivers are always needed. 40-50 people have been transported this year.
- Prayer Chain Ministry – Marguerite Sharp is contact person. Prayer requests are constantly asked for.
- Extended Table Ministry – Dee Adams is contact person. 458 people received communion in 2014.
- Toby’s Angels Ministry – Jean and Don Beckett contact people. More “angels” are needed.
- Stephen Ministry – Ann Bierma is team leader. More people are needed.
- Caring People Ministry- Sue Clowes is contact person.
- Parish Nurse / Health Ministry – Beverly Helfferich is chair person.
- The Healing Team Ministry – This ministry is a strong, multi denominational outreach of prayer, fellowship and spiritual growth.
- Buddy Ministry – This ministry is an excellent follow up to Operation Homebound for Christians who want to share their faith with Homebound recipients.
Congregational Life: Elder Judy Etheridge
- 42 people attended the 101 class, Sunday, January 18th, 42 people joined.
- Suggestion to identify first time guests.
- Greeters escort to correct classroom.
- Both leaders from Spirited Singles have resigned. Call Judy if you know someone who could help with leadership.
- Currently working on schedules for Sunday Welcome Center and Sunday Courtyard Bakers.
- Design Team has bought new furniture and banners for Fellowship Hall, Café and Sanctuary.
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- New procedure for dedicating flowers in memorium. Helen Klug and/or Betty Senter are handling this.
- Charles Evans is remaining as 11:15 service communion server head. There will be 4 new ushers assisting with communion during peak season.
- Rose inquired about use of the church bus with Freedom Pointe or other independent facilities.
- Rose inquired about the difference in assessed per capita to Presbytery and actual paid. Explanation was given.
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Repairing house in Ocala Forest.
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibons - no report
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – No report
Youth & Children Discipleship : Elder Jim Crutchfield
- 26 members in youth program.
- 10 tables in LOGOS
- Little Blessings needs growth
- Still looking for Youth Director.
- Looking to buy puppets and equipment to replace Sandy Dennison’s supply.
- Proposed granting Holly Reimer’s $3,000.00 toward seminary tuition and fees. Motion was made, seconded and approved to grant the $3,000.00.
- Music groups coming in 2015-2016:
- Mission Kiev Chorale
- King’s Brass
- Indiana Wesleyan Choir
Closing: Motion: A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Smith closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Sessio