Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Rose Gorman, Judy Etheridge, Lynn Miller, Jack Kiley, Donna Gibbons, Jim Crutchfield, John T. Smith; Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room at 3:00 p.m. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with prayer and led in the recitation of the elder’s covenant. Elder Jim Crutchfield led the devotion.
Order of the Day:
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Progress made on plans for sharing vision and mission statements after 1/1/15, along with a 5 week series beginning 1/18/15 and culminating with celebration on Sunday, 2/15/15. This will include stewardship considerations.
- A motion was made to approve scheduling the annual meeting at the FAB Meeting, Tuesday, 2/17/15 at 6:00 p.m. It was approved by the elders.
- Strategic planning committee has begun meeting.
- Pastor’s weekly e-mails have begun.
- All worship announcements should be submitted to Mike Snow.
- Search for permanent choir director is continuing.
- A discussion of Senior Pastor Job Description was conducted.
- The Presbytery policy regarding the elevation of Associate Pastor to Senior Pastor was discussed at length.
Associate Pastor’s Report by Mike Smith: No Report
Pastor’s Report by Denny Dennison:
- Pastor distributed a brochure “Putting Success in Succession” and requested that elders read it.
Financial Report by Bob Cook:
- Emphasized that December is make up month.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the October 21, 2014 Stated Session Meeting was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of October 21, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for October 21, 2014 accepted by common consent.
These members joined the Church Triumphant:
- Betty Simshauser (5/13/14)
- Phyllis Anderson (10/24/14)
- Jackie Burton (11/14/14)
Joined another church and request that their names be removed from our church roll:
- Sallie Ritchie (Community United Methodist Church)
- Sam Wilson (Countryside Presbyterian Church)
- Jeanne Lee (Faith Presbyterian Church)
- Mickey and Joan Braffet (St. George Episcopal Church)
These people are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Sara Jane Anderso- Allene Shepherd
- Bev and Scott Stewar- Brenda West
- William Vivret- Barbara Noble
- Richard and Phyllis Glein- Deric Roy
- Jaye Ann McNutt
These people have permanently moved out of our area and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Dave and Wanda Gaylor- May Kirkpatrick
- Trudy Gra- Virginia Nass
These people were reinstated:
- Skip and Linda Wilkinson
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- Presbyterian Women request the use of Fellowship Hall and kitchen for PW of Central Florida Presbytery on August 20, 2015. It is a Bible study event from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. They would need support personnel and will pay for same.
- Requested approval for a floral dedication policy.
- Christmas Eve services are properly staffed.
- Sharon Hay will assist in placement of poinsettias in sanctuary.
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibons
- New elders for 2015: Jim Crutchfield, Youth and Children; Bob Peacock, Adults; Charlotte Hornback, Ministry. Approved by the Elders.
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – No report
Youth & Children Discipleship : Elder Jim Crutchfield
- The youth programs are extremely busy in myriad activities. These activities include: Off-Campus, as On-Campus activities, work, fundraising, Bible Studies and entertaining.
- They are building a data base of useful contact information to reach out to area families, inviting new families to all their activities here at North Lake.
- “Teens For Hire” is progressing very well.
- Mike and Jim working together to clarify their roles in this ministry.
- Christmas decorations are going up. Check bulletins for info.
- Christmas Night at North Lake progressing well.
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- “Blues Brothers” Concert money to Ocala Forest
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- All ministries need volunteers.
- December 11 is the Advent Service of Remembrance.
- Stephen Ministry commissioned 4 new team members.
Congregational Life: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Suggested special offerings be divided more equitably.
- 23 new members from the 101 class.
Closing: Motion: A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Smith closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Sessio