Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Judy Etheridge, Lynn Miller, Jack Kiley, Rose Gorman, Jim Crutchfield, John T. Smith; Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Grace Room at 3:00 p.m. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with prayer and led the elder covenant recitation.
Devotion: Devotion was led by Elder, Jack Kiley. Pastor Dennison led a discussion of chapter VI of “The Presbyterian Elder”.
Elder Donna Gibbons excused from the next 2 session meetings by common consent.
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Search for permanent choir director will begin within a few weeks.
- John Rogerson will sing at 9:45 service and Mike Snow will lead the choir.
- Congregational meeting to elect the PNC (Pastor Nominating Committee) scheduled for 9/28.
- Tom will schedule first meeting between PNC and Dan Williams.
- o Info regarding the selection process for Senior Pastor is now on website and in “What We Believe” document.
- Financial Report format has been changed.
Associate Pastor’s Report by Mike Smith:
- Introduced draft of “Life At North Lake” brochure and explained the process.
- Defined duties of small group starters and sponsors.
- Reorganizing K-5 program
- On 10/4 will go to observe Church at the Springs youth program in Ocala.
Pastor’s Report by Denny Dennison: No report
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the August 26, 2014 Stated Session Meeting was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of August 26, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for August 26, 2014 accepted by common consent.
* These members joined the Church Triumphant:
Dave Wilson (8/15/14)
Carole Gower (8/27/14)
- Joined another church and request that their names be removed from our church roll:
Jack and Ramona Augustine – Immanuel Baptist Church
- These people are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- This member was reinstated:
- Tom Ledoux gave the report for Bob Cook. He emphasized new financial report format.
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge – no report
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman – no report
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – Reported need for increased staff.
Youth & Children Discipleship : Elder Jim Crutchfield
- LOGOS begins this week.
- Discussed need for increased busing capability.
- Search for new youth director down to 2 candidates.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- Prayer Team / Healing chain available after services and upon request.
- Extended Table – Took communion to our Homebound after services Sunday.
- Pastoral visitation – available 24/7 to meet parish needs; call the church office.
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Christian Shoebox program begins in October.
- The Gathering Men’s Group/Ocala Forest Home Repair project is beginning.
Closing: Motion: A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Denny closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Sessio