Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Judy Etheridge, Lynn Miller, Jack Kiley, Donna Gibbons, Jim Crutchfield, John T. Smith; Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room at 3:00 p.m. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with prayer and led the elder covenant recitation.
Devotion: Pastor Dennison led devotions.
Order of the Day:
Associate Pastor’s Report by Mike Smith:
- Approved by common consent, weddings of Paul Smith and Lisa Nelson on 9/20/14; Eric Lyons and Tiereny Smith on 10/11/14; and Daniel Foertmeyer and Audra Sherman on 10/18/14 in Ohio.
- Statement of Faith was accepted by common consent.
- After school program – LOGOS
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Update regarding Mike Snow, Jean Butler and search for permanent choir director.
- Response from Committee on Ministry – approved getting Pastor Nominating Committee started.
- Scheduled Congregational Meeting to elect Pastor Nominating Committee on September 28, 2014 at 10:45 a.m.
- Approved process document and Q & A for website.
- Rescheduled church vision meeting to 9/16/14 at noon. Lunch will be provided.
- Accolades for Dave Sanders.
- Jean Butler will do Christmas concert.
- Working with Mike Snow on worship planning.
Pastor’s Report by Denny Dennison:
- Discussed Autopsy of A Deceased Church
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the July 15, 2014 Stated Session Meetingwas made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of July 15, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for July 15, 2014 accepted by common consent.
- These members joined the Church Triumphant:
Gordon Baxter (7/24/14) - Floyd Gilbert (8/4/14)
William Spencer (7/29/14)- David Leedke (8/1/14)
Linda Temple (8/2/14)- Bonnie Ummel (8/7/14)
Frank Hayba (8/2/14)
- These people are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- These people have permanently moved out of our area and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
Betty Stiegler (moved to Maryland) - Bill and Norma Bagley
Bill and Carol Bigle- Barbara Churchfield
Joanne Wimme- Terry Bissell
CJ Struha- Pat Shroyer
- This member was reinstated:
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Continuing work on house repair project in the Ocala Forest.
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge – no report
Youth & Children Discipleship : Elder Jim Crutchfield
- $9,000 Scholarship for Holly Reimer moved, seconded and approved.
- Proposed “Blues Brothers” Band concert proceeds to scholarship fund – approved by common consent.
- Investigating the possibility of another bus for LOGOS.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- Alzheimer Support Ministry – informs families with Alzheimer issues. They meet two times a month providing information, support and assistance for caregivers, their families and friends dealing with Alzheimer’s.
- Buddy Ministry – This ministry originated from Operation Homebound. Volunteers visit people in need of personal conversation.
- Extended Table – Ordained Elders visit with those unable to attend service to share in communion.
- Healing Team – This ministry offers personal prayer after each Sunday service and anointing every Wednesday morning in the library during the Prayer Vigil. There is a Healing service planned for March, June and October next year.
- Caring People’s Ministry – The individuals in this ministry provide a meal after a funeral service held at NLPC when requested by families.
- Parish Nurses is comprised of nurses, professional volunteers and anyone interested in health care issues. This ministry holds a clinic for flu vaccines, blood bank drive, CPR training and provides assistance in medical emergencies during church services. They also provide blood pressure screenings the 3rd Sunday of each month in the church office after each service.
- Transportation Ministry provides transportation to a medical appointment.
- Stephen Ministry provides confidential Christ-centered care and support to people experiencing grief, divorce, cancer, job loss, loneliness, disability, relocation and other life difficulties. A new training class is scheduled to begin in September.
- Toby Angels – Volunteers travel to Lady Lake Specialty Care and visit the residents by showing the love of Christ. They take books, puzzles, flowers and gifts for special holidays.
- Prayer chain is a way to present your requests and prayers and have others pray for you.
- Pastoral Hospital Visitation – Our pastors make regular visits to local hospitals.
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibbons – no report
Administration: Elder John T. Smith:
- Gave summary of finances in Bob Cook’s place and to allow more time for selection of Pastor Nominating Committee.
- Selection of Pastor Nominating Committee:
Nine people were nominated, seconded and approved to be offered the opportunity to serve as committee members. Elder Lynn Miller will contact each nominee to determine that they will serve if elected. They will then stand before the congregational meeting for election.
The nine people are: Dr. Bob Hazlett, Sue Kirkpatrick, Lyn Jensen, Bill Johnston, Margery Clarke, Rose Gorman, Ron Kennedy, Bob Null and Judy Etheridge.
Closing: Motion: A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Denny closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Sessio