Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Jim Crutchfield, Judy Etheridge, Donna Gibbons, Lynn Miller, John T. Smith; Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the church library at 3:00 p.m. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with prayer and led the elder covenant recitation.
Devotion: Reverend Smith led devotions. Pastor Dennison led discussion of chapter 5 of “The Presbyterian Elder”.
Order of the Day:
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Response to Lisa’s resignation.
- Meetings with Dave Sanders and praise band, Sallie Matteson, Tom Pizzi and Cindy Koubek went well.
- Meeting with Dave Flanigan about filling in, if needed.
- Send letter to congregation.
- We need to be positive and supportive of changes.
- Congregational meeting on July 27, 2015.
- Need to notify Presbytery/ Committee on Ministry regarding Denny’s resignation.
- Need to move session visioning meeting to September.
- Need to schedule a meeting to review names for Pastor Nominating Committee.
- August Session meeting will be 8/26.
- Discussed Mike Snow’s jobs and responsibilities.
Associate Pastor’s Report by Reverend Mike Smith:
- Continuing work with Jim and youth
- Doing review of small group program
- Working on Installment Service
- Will attend Bethel Series Conference in Wisconsin.
- Discussed Contemporary Worship Service improvements.
- Continuing working with Holly attending seminary.
Pastor’s Report by Senior Pastor, Denny Dennison – no report
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the June 15, 2014 Stated Session Meetingwas made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: Letter of resignation from elder Bill Monie. Motion was made, seconded and accepted with regret.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of May 20, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for May 20, 2014 accepted by common consent.
- These members joined the Church Triumphant:
Bob Dunton (6/23/14)
Bill Stiegler (7/3/14)
- These members are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
Treasurer’s Report and Financial Report by Bob Cook:
- As usual, July will be a bit tight, but not critical.
- Bob explained that the reserve fund for youth pastor has grown to over $21,000.00 and is not often used. His suggestion to transfer $10,000.00 from the Youth Pastor Reserve Fund to the Seminary Scholarship Fund was agreed upon. A motion to transfer $10,000.00 per Bob’s suggestion was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – no report
Youth & Children Discipleship : Elder Jim Crutchfield
- Farewell lunch for Holly on August 2.
- 35 applicants to replace Holly, 10 will have phone interviews.
- Family camp was a great success.
- Record number ever to group retreat in Orlando.
Mission Outreach: Elder Orv Liesman for Elder Jack Kiley
- NLPC will be holding a shoe drive for kids at Camp Sozo 8/3 – 8/10. Shoes will be picked up on 8/11 – 8/12 and passed out at the back pack program in the forest on 8/16.
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Shepherding has 5 new shepherds. More are needed.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- Extended table still looking for volunteers to serve communion to those unable to attend a church service.
- Buddy System needs volunteers.
- Prayer Chain – prayers can be requested by contacting a healing team member.
- Transportation Ministry needs drivers to assist people to medical appointments.
- Pastoral visitations – call the church office if you know of someone who is hospitalized.
- Healing team workshop will be Friday, August 1 from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, August 2, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Workshop leader is Monte Rector of Beth Shalom, Ministry in Texas. Topic is “Nothing Broken, Nothing Missing, The Absence of Chaos”.
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibbons – no report
Closing: Motion- A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Denny closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Session