Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Jack Kiley, Bill Monie, Judy Etheridge (also filling in for Clerk of Session, Orv Liesman), Jim Crutchfield, Lynn Miller, Donna Gibbons, John T. Smith, Rose Gorman; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with Prayer.
Devotion: Judy Etheridge led devotions. Denny Dennison led discussion of “The Presbyterian Elder” chapter 4.
Order of the Day:
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Presbytery meeting on June 3, 2013 was a success.
- Carol McMann retiring June 30, 2014, recognition lunch is on June 24, 2014.
- Financial and attendance summary approved.
- Need to elect church corporate officers. Motion was made by Jim Crutchfield and seconded by Donna Gibbons to elect the following as corporate church officers: President, Orv Liesman; Vice-President, Donna Gibbons; Secretary, Jack Kiley; Treasurer, John Smith. Motion passed unanimously.
- Dennis Heasty was hired to replace Carol McMann.
- Update and recommendations for Contemporary Worship Service:
- Reviewed resume of Mike Snow.
- Discussed expanding the job description for this position.
- He auditioned with the band.
- He will meet with Denny Dennison on Thursday, June 19th.
- Summary of Elder Retreat.
- Discussed progress for developing church vision.
Associate Pastor’s Report by Reverend Mike Smith:
- Visioning for young adults, ages 20-40
- Pastor Dan Baumann is doing a workshop for all pastors.
- He is mentoring Holly for seminary enrolling.
Pastor’s Report by Senior Pastor, Denny Dennison:
- Submitted official retirement letter.
- Announced a congregational meeting on July 24, 2014 at 12:15 p.m. to explain process for securing a new senior pastor.
- Questioned success of chamber choir. Will vote at July meeting on its continuation.
- Distributed “Host of Hot Spots” from Presbytery Publication.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the May 20, 2014 Stated Session Meetingwas made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of May 20, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for May 20, 2014 accepted by common consent.
- These members joined the Church Triumphant:
illiam Schroeder (6/11/14)
- These members joined another church and request that their names be removed from our church roll:
on and Jean Ellis (United Church of Christ, The Villages)
on and BJ Liles (Fairway Christian Church)
- These members are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
Paul and Terry Tybring
ke and Esther Spindanger
hilip and Judy Harding
Treasurer’s Report and Financial Report by Bob Cook:
- May has gone fairly well, pretty much on target.
- The buildings and grounds are experiencing some issues consistent with a new building.
- We are putting $1200.00 per month in a contingency fund. The fund now has $65,000 in it.
- Operation Homebound is having a fundraiser “Sock Hop” at Savannah Center in September. They received permission by common consent to bring their own beer and wine.
- The golf tournament and dinner earned $8500.00.
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – no report
Adult Discipleship: Elder Bill Monie – no report
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Requested the Christmas Eve offering be used for homes and families in the Ocala Forest. Will announce plans to congregation on November 14 and 21.
- Met with Dan Baumann’s son regarding DVD distribution of Jesus Project
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- Transportation Ministry- For assistance with getting to medical appointments, call Ron VanGelderen at 352-272-9577.
- Healing Service is June 29th at 4:00 p.m. in the sanctuary.
- Marguerite Sharp is the contact person for the prayer chain.
- Extended Table is now serving over 40 homebound communicants. Dee Adams is the contact person.
- Caring People’s Ministry provides a post-funeral meal for any NLPC funeral upon request by family of deceased. Contact person is Sue Clowes.
- Parish Nurses – nurses will check blood pressure before and after worship services on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
- Pastoral Hospital Visitation – Call the church office if you know of anyone admitted to the hospital.
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- Pastor Prayer Partners needs to be re-worked.
- Working on communion service
- Senior Pastor nominating committee applications approved.
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge
- 50 people signed up for 101 class on June 22nd.
- Mike Smith will be installed as Associate Pastor on July 20th at 3:00 p.m. followed by a reception.
- Working to find new shepherding coordinators.
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibbons – no report
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- A record 130 children attended. Many new faces.
- Will accompany teen trip to Orlando next week.
- Has received 11 applications for Holly’s position. There is a special party for Holly being planned.
Closing: Motion- A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Denny closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Session