Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Jack Kiley, Bill Monie, Judy Etheridge, Jim Crutchfield, Lynn Miller, Donna Gibbons, John T. Smith, Rose Gorman; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Clerk of Session, Orv Liesman; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with Prayer.
Devotion: The Elder Covenant was recited by the group.
Order of the Day:
- Pastor Dennison led discussion of Chapter 3 of the “Presbyterian Elder – What Must An Elder Be?”
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Progress update on Contemporary Worship Leader search
- Reverend Smith added to the search team
- Status of interviews
- Carol McMann retiring June 30, 2014, recognition lunch is on June 24, 2014.
- Holly’s resignation is July 30, 2014. Jim Crutchfield will lead search team. Reverend Smith will guide process through Presbytery.
- We will establish a Seminary Scholarship Fund. This will be funded by donations from anyone.
- Elder retreat agenda for May 31, 2014.
- Presbytery meeting at North Lake Presbyterian Church is June 3, 2014.
- Thanks to all who helped with Reverend Smith’s orientation.
- Associate Pastor’s Report by Reverend Mike Smith:
- Moved to approve Holly Reimer to be endorsed as an “Inquirer” to the COM (Committee on Ministry) and for North Lake Presbyterian Church to pay 2/3 of career counseling cost ($850.00). Motion seconded and passed unanimously.
- Working with Dave Sanders in Contemporary Worship leadership.
- Will be active in Bethel Series.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the April 15, 2014 Stated Session Meeting was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of April 15, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for April 15, 2014 accepted by common consent.
- These members joined the Church Triumphant:
achel Alster (4/17/14)
elvia Boonstra (2/19/14)
etty Hough (5/2/14)
- These members Transferred to other churches:
ony and Terry Nottage (New Covenant United Methodist Church)
d and Rae Nowe (Sun Lakes United Methodist Church, Arizona)
eith and Jill Kauffman (Vanderbilt Presbyterian Church)
- These members joined another church and request that their names be removed from our church roll:
avid and Anne Jones
- These members are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
Jim and Kathy Greer
Treasurer’s Report and Financial Report by Bob Cook:
- Budgets are experiencing some belt tightening but we are in good shape.
- Reports were approved.
Pastor’s Report: Senior Pastor Denny Dennison
- Health is continuing to improve.
- SOCS Report information.
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – no report
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- Working to replace Holly Reimer as Youth Director.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller- no report
All ministries have been asked to keep congregation current on ministry activities via church bulletin, newsletter and mass e-mail.
Adult Discipleship: Elder Bill Monie
- Working with Reverend Smith on programs and design.
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Ocala Forest Project
- Met with Dan Baumann’s son regarding DVD distribution of Jesus Project
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Reported on officer installation salad luncheon
- Decorating plans for fellowship hall
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- Has full staff of ushers
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibbons – no report
Closing: Motion- A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Denny closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Sessio