Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Jack Kiley, Bill Monie, Judy Etheridge, Jim Crutchfield, Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session and Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with Prayer.
Devotion: The Elder Covenant was recited by the group.
Orv Liesman gave the devotion.
Order of the Day:
- Discussion of “The Presbyterian Elder” chapter 2, “Who Qualifies as Elder?”
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Transition to Dave Sanders as Contemporary Worship Leader
- Contemporary Service Worship Leader search progressing well. 2 candidates are scheduled for interview. Dave Sanders is now an applicant for Worship Leader. June is objective date to fill the position.
- Developing agenda for Elder retreat
- Tom scheduling Mike Smith orientation with elders.
- Developing system for tracking first-time guests
- Distributed policy manuals.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the March 18, 2014 Stated Session Meeting was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of April 15, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for April 15, 2014 accepted by common consent.
- These people are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
David and Jackie St. Clair-Husbands
Allen and Pam Elliff
Thomas and Shirley Penberthy
- These people have moved closer to family and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
Foster and Pat McAllester
Treasurer’s Report and Financial Report by Bob Cook:
- Operation Homebound budget is tight. They are looking for part time volunteers.
- Reports were approved.
Pastor’s Report: Senior Pastor Denny Dennison
- Health improving
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – no report
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- Reviewed space and staffing needs for youth programs
- Elder Bill Monie suggested re-thinking youth position requirements. Tom Ledoux approved.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller- no report
Adult Discipleship: Elder Bill Monie
- Sunday School doing well
- Winding down Bethel Series
- Alpha program finished well
- Logistics are a problem
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Food Pantry down slightly this month
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge
- PW Spring Tea was held with almost 400 in attendance. It was a great success.
- Making adjustments in Shepherding Program.
- Decorating Committee holding up on continuing work in the Fellowship Hall.
- Possible change of retreat date
Closing: Motion- A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Denny closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Session