Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Donna Gibbons, JackKiley, Lynn Miller, John Smith, Jim Crutchfield, Rose Gorman, Orv Liesman, Clerk of Session and Tom Ledoux, Church Administrator.
Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with Prayer.
Devotion: The Elder Covenant was recited by the group.
Elder Lynn Miller gave the devotion.
Order of the Day:
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Joe Hand’s official departure is March 31, 2014. A retirement party will be Wednesday, March 26, 2014 after the FAB dinner.
- Search for a new Contemporary Worship Leader is ongoing.
- Dave Sanders will transition as the Interim Praise Band Leader. Tom will meet with the band.
- Review Ministry content on the website.
- Staff pay increases were implemented.
- Developing orientation schedules for Mike Smith.
- Motion was made, seconded and passed unanimously to approve policy documents.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the February 18, 2014 Stated Session Meeting was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of March 18, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for February, 2014 accepted by common consent.
- Joined the Church Triumphant:
Jean Schuetz (2/18/14)
Bill Todd (2/22/14)
- These people are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
John and Susan Pierce
Steven and Sheryl Lesiak
Treasurer’s Report and Financial Report by Bob Cook:
- Staff gifts were paid in March.
- 2014 is off to a good start.
- Reports were approved.
Pastor’s Report: Senior Pastor Denny Dennison
- SOCS Report (information)
- Discussed “Presbyterian Elder”. All Elders participated.
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- Needs ushers and leaders especially for the early service.
- Received permission to speak to this need at the early service.
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibbons – no report
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- The parish nurse is continuing blood pressure screening the third Sunday of each month.
- The Transportation Ministry are still getting some requests for travel to doctor appointments, etc. She thinks the staff should know that we get a tremendous amount of requests for travel to church services.
- The Healing Team held a Healing Service on March 9th. I understand we had a record number of persons seeking prayer. As an elder, I feel we need to make sure that live music is made available to them.
- Extended Table Ministry served communion to 52 people this month. If this keeps up, they will need a larger team.
- Stephen Ministry is trying to get the word out about what they do and how they can help. Stephen Ministry leaders are working on starting a new training class in September.
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Discussed Ocala Forest Mission and Big Oak Ranch Mission.
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- Teacher Appreciation night is Wednesday, March 19th.
- Youth4Hire Program.
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Plans for Joe Hand’s Retirement Party are underway.
- The Shepherds of North Lake have reached a difficult stage. They are having an impossible time of getting new leaders and getting people to attend gatherings. People want to come but have busy calendars.
- The 101 class met this past Sunday, the 16th; 15 attended and 14 joined.
- The PW sponsored their yearly retreat and it was tremendous.
- The next major event for the PW is their mission fundraiser - The Spring Tea on April 11th. The tickets are almost sold out.
- The Decorating Team has hung crosses on either side of the large cross in the Fellowship Hall.
- The FAB dinner team has decided to have only one dinner a month during this summer.
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – no report
Discipleship: Elder Bill Monie – no report
Closing: Motion- A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Denny closed with prayer.
Orv Liesman, Clerk Of Session