Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Donna Gibbons, JackKiley, Lynn Miller, John Smith, Jim Crutchfield, Rose Gorman, Orv Liesman, Betty Lint,Clerk of Session and Tom Ledoux, Church Administrator.
Order: Stated session meeting was held in the Peace Room. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with Prayer.
Devotion: The Elder Covenant was recited by the group.
Devotion – Donna Gibbons (Proverbs 17:17)
Order of the Day:
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- A new sound system is being installed.
- Policies review will be done at the next meeting.
- Website changes are completed and will go live next week.
- There will permanently be a cross in the Fellowship Hall.
- Progress update given on Contemporary Worship Leader search.
- Date for Elder Retreat discussed.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion was made to approve the minutes of the January 21, 2014 Stated Session Meeting, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion was made to approve membership changes as of February 18, 2014, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Notes to Clerk of Session for February, 2014 accepted by common consent.
- Joined the Church Triumphant:
ames Erickson (1/13/14)
ee Elliott (2/4/14)
atricia Fulton (3/25/13)
nna May Dennis (2/12/14)
- These people are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
aymond and Nancy Ashton
awrence and Judy Turner
eorge and Noreen Pieper
- These people have permanently moved out of our area and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
ichard and Nancy Berr (moved out of state)
- These Affiliate Members have requested:
. Transfer to Active Status
Jerry and Leota Dragoo
Treasurer’s Report and Financial Report by Bob Cook:
- Staff gifts will be effective in March.
- 2013 was a good year.
- New budgeted Financial Statements reviewed.
Pastor’s Report: Senior Pastor Denny Dennison
- SOCS Report (information)
- March 9 will be installation date for new Elders.
- Alpha course has 74 people.
Worship: Elder Tom Ledoux
- Met with Rose Gorman to review the worship elder responsibilities and duties.
- Accepted by common consent that Rose Gorman will speak to the congregation at the 8:30 service on March 16, about the need for volunteers.
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibbons – no report
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- The parish nurse is doing blood pressure screening the third Sunday of each month.
- All of the female Stephen Ministers have at least one care receiver. The present team leaders are, Pastor Dave Stull, Ann Bierma, Jack Grieve, Bob Hazlett, Tom Miller and Lynn Miller.
- Extended Table sent request cards through Operation Homebound and has received 6-7 yes cards to receive communion at home.
- The Buddy Ministry hosted a valentine party for the volunteers and their “buddies” on February 3.
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Discussed two of our outreach missions:
Big Oak Ranch in Alabama
Prison Fellowship in Virginia
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- There has been a request to put up white boards to write on in each classroom.
- There will be a pancake dinner on March 4 for the youth’s mission trip.
- Fifteen students going on a mission trip to Orlando.
- Children’s Sunday School class and LOGOS numbers have increased.
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge – no report
Discipleship: Elder Bill Monie – no report
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – no report
Closing: Motion- A Motion was made, seconded, and passed unanimously to close the meeting. Pastor Denny closed in prayer.
Betty Lint, Clerk Of Session