Our Criteria and Mission
To provide meals for shut-ins who reside within the boundaries of The
Villages, Fruitland Park and north to Highway 42 in Marion County.
On May 4, 1998 Operation Homebound was started and served 14 homebound individuals. Today, that number has increased to 200 meals per day. We are a recipient of the Governor’s Golden Choice Award for excellence in the community.
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to noon, including New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- United Way of Lake and Sumter County
- Church Members & the Community
- Private Grants
- And our recipients who pay $6 per meal
- Meals Produced since inception: over 956,000 (through August 2021)
- Number of Volunteers each week: 400
- Number of Volunteer Hours: >40,000 per year
- Miles Driven Per Year: 85,000