Small Groups at North Lake Presbyterian Church are an important part of our Discipleship. Currently, we have over 25 small groups that meet regularly and we are growing.
WHAT IS A SMALL GROUP?
Small Groups at North Lake is an intentional gathering of 8 to 12 people sharing a common relationship with Jesus. They meet regularly in homes, at church or other locations to study the Word through different formats (the Bible, videos, books, sermon discussions, etc.). Topics are selected by the facilitator or in consultation with group members. Small Groups provide a place where spiritual transformation can happen.
Throughout the New Testament, fellowship, sharing and coming together in love, faith and encouragement were accomplished by being involved in small groups. Jesus began His earthly ministry by establishing His Small Group with 12 disciples. His purpose was to transform them into His image and subsequently send them out to share the Gospel with others. In Acts 2, the first century church met in temple courts and in house to house. Other examples exist throughout the Bible.
AS A MEMBER, YOU WILL
- Participate in a safe and challenging environment
- Learn with others how to imitate the type of attitudes and behavior that characterize a community of believers
- Gain a better understanding of the Bible
- Make new friends who care about you – members share the hard times and the good times with each other and pray together
- Engage in significant conversations about real life
- Have opportunities to contribute to the lives of others
- Enjoy social times together – lots of laughter and fun
NEED MORE INFORMATION OR WANT TO SIGN UP?
- Call the church office at 352-753-8484 and leave a message for Linda Caporale, the Small Group Ministry Coordinator.