Present: Elders Lynn Miller, Jim Crutchfield, Bob Peacock, Becky Bros, Judy Etheridge, Rose Gorman, John T. Smith, Charlotte Hornback; Clerk of Session, Orv Liesman; Moderator, Jeff Hosmer; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Dennis Heasty.
Call to Order: Stated Session meeting was convened in the Peace Room at 3:00 pm. A quorum was present.
Devotion: Becky Bros led and offered prayer.
Order of the Day:
- Motion was made to approve the docket. The motion was made, accepted, and carried.
- Motion was made to approve the minutes from October 18th Session meeting. The motion was moved, accepted, and carried.
- Motion was made to approve October 16th Special Session meeting to receive new members. Motion was made, accepted, and carried.
- Motion was made to approve membership roll changes. The motion was moved, accepted, and carried.
- Motion was made to hire Lynn Miller as Director of Congregational Care. The motion was moved, accepted, and carried. Lynn Miller gave her resignation from Session to accept this new job. (letter attached)
These members joined the Church Triumphant:
- Lonnie Lerch – 10/18/16
- Chuck Ramsey – 11/2/16
- Gilbert Belair – 11/6/16
- (For Informational purposes only –Doris Lounsbury and Betty Markhard passed away – they had already been removed from Session a while ago)
These members are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Bob and Billie Thatcher
These members have requested to be transferred to another church and have been removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- William Boonstra (moved to Michigan – Second Reformed Church)
- Keith and Beth Llewellyn (New Covenant United Methodist Church
- Ralph and Lorie Long (New Covenant United Methodist Church)
These members have been reinstated:
- Dianne Castle
Clerk’s Report: (No report)
The Presbytery meeting is December 6, 2016.
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- 80-90 ushers attended the usher training
Adult Discipleship: Elder Bob Peacock
- A Right Now Media report was given.
Congregational Life: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Singles Ministry now has a chair person.
Mission Outreach: Elder Becky Bros
- The Cuba trip is approaching. The Team will be taking much needed medication to Cuba.
Ministry: Elder Charlotte Hornback
- The Nominating Committee met to discuss the three new positions that will be opening next year.
Youth and Children: Elder Jim Crutchfield (no report)
Administration: Elder John T. Smith (no report)
Church Administrator: Dennis Heasty
- Financial Report (attached).
Associate Pastor’s Report: Mike Smith
- Reported transportation concerns
- Discussed upcoming spiritual retreat April 6-8, 2017 in Silver Springs
- Mary Grace, prospective youth director, has declined the job. This job is presently open again.
Pastor’s Report: Jeff Hosmer
- 25th Anniversary is being celebrated March 26th (Homecoming Sunday)
- Discussed classes
- Proposed an organizational chart
Motion was made, accepted and carried to adjourn with prayer in triad groups and to leave when finished.
Respectfully Submitted by,
Lynn Miller, Clerk Pro-tem