Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Rose Gorman, Judy Etheridge, Lynn Miller, Donna Gibbons, Jim Crutchfield, John T. Smith; Associate Pastor, Mike Smith; Church Administrator, Tom Ledoux.
Call to Order: Stated session meeting was convened in the Peace Room at 3:00 p.m. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with prayer and led in the recitation of the elder’s covenant. Pastor Mike Smith led the devotion.
Order of the Day:
Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Update regarding search for permanent choir director.
- Strategic planning committee has met. They should have recommendations in January.
- Weekly e-mails with upcoming events and classes and online registration will begin in January.
- Distributed and reviewed ministry brochure.
- We have begun the process of coding ministries in Shelby.
Associate Pastor’s Report by Mike Smith: No Report
Pastor’s Report by Denny Dennison:
- Pastor Denny would like to designate 20% of Pastor 2015 salary for housing allowance for tax purposes. A motion was made by John T. Smith and approved by Judy Etheridge.
Financial Report by Tom Ledoux:
- Attendance is up by 7%.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- Motion: A motion to approve the minutes of the November 18, 2014 Stated Session Meeting was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
- Motion: A motion to approve membership changes as of November 18, 2014, was made, seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for November 18, 2014 accepted by common consent.
These members joined the Church Triumphant:
- Jim Rickards (11/22/14)
- Cortis McKenzie (12/2/14)
- Gary McDonald (12/6/14)
- Tom Penn (12/8/14)
Joined another church and request that their names be removed from our church roll:
- David and Karen Flanigan
These people are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Joyce Schrader
- Carol Swackhamer
- Joe and Rebecca Delashmutt
- Johnnie and Sandi Henson
- Ann Hooper-Miller
- Pete and Liz Dejongh
- Mike and Sally Fitzgerald
These people have permanently moved out of our area and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
- Earline Ripple
- Lois Krausser
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibons
- Charlotte Hornback and Bob Peacock will be our new session members. Jim Crutchfield has agreed to serve a second three year term as Children and Youth Discipleship Elder.
Administration: Elder John T. Smith – No report
Youth & Children Discipleship : Elder Jim Crutchfield
- Looking into purchasing a puppet stage and new spot light.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- Busy time of year and we are doing our best to meet each person’s needs this Christmas season.
Congregational Life: Elder Judy Etheridge
- Thanked the Pastoral Staff for the prayers given before concerts.
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- Continuing to improve the homes in the forest.
Worship: Elder Rose Gorman
- Communication with floral arrangement committee needs improvement.
- Barry Long and Dr. Bob Hazlett attended the opening of session meeting to answer questions and concerns about the MIF. We thanked them for their time and after saying goodbye we added the following…
- Narrative question #3…add these words: Who recognize our church culture and help it continue to flourish. Insert this after the 2nd sentence ending…programs that work and replace those that are not successful.
- The MIF with the proposed change for the position and a salary range of $90,000 - $100,000 was subsequently unanimously approved by Session.
Closing: Motion: A Motion to close the meeting was made, seconded, and passed unanimously. Pastor Smith closed with prayer.
Lynn Miller, Acting Clerk Of Sessio