Present: Senior Pastor and Moderator Denny Dennison; Elders, Judy Etheridge, Donna Gibbons, Jack Kiley, Lynn Miller, Jim Crutchfield, Bill Monie, John Smith, Betty Lint, Clerk of Session and Tom Ledoux, Church Administrator.
Order: Stated session meeting was held in Senior Pastor Dennison’s office. A quorum was present. The meeting was called to order. Pastor Dennison opened with Prayer.
Devotion: The Elder Covenant was recited by the group.
Devotion –John T. Smith (Apostle’s Creed)
Order of the Day:
- Church Administrator’s Report by Tom Ledoux:
- A new sound system has been ordered and should be installed in early February.
- The annual report format is changing with financial information.
- Website changes are nearly complete.
- The new bus has been painted.
- Developing new policy manuals.
- Assisted Denny and Bill Monie in preparation of Stewardship next Sunday.
- We will meet on February 18 in lieu of a separate retreat for elder discussion.
Minutes, Correspondence, and Announcements:
- December Session meeting was cancelled.
- Motion: A motion was made to approve membership changes as of January 21, 2014,seconded and passed unanimously.
Notes to Clerk of Session for November, December 2013 and January 2014 accepted by common consent.
- Joined another church and request that their names be removed from our church roll:
Judy Peck – New Life Christian Church
- Joined the Church Triumphant:
Helen Kuether (12/16/13)
- These people are no longer attending our church and should be placed on the Inactive Roll and removed from the Active Membership Roll:
John and Nancy VanGorden
Jim and Jean Stuppy
Al and June Bryant
Richard and Lorraine White
- These people have permanently moved out of our area and should be removed from the Active Membership Roll:
Eunice Fuller (moved to N.C.)
Donald Kuether (moved to Jacksonville)
- To be removed from the Affiliate Membership Status:
Wayne and Shelia Clinton
Treasurer’s Report and Financial Report by Bob Cook:
- Reviewed new budget format.
- Motion: A motion was made to approve the 2013 year end budget and the 2014budget as presented, seconded and passed unanimously.
Pastor’s Report- Senior Pastor Denny Dennison
- SOCS Report (information)
- Pastor Denny discussed his Annual Review and goals.
Worship: Elder Tom Ledoux
- Worked on preparations for Christmas Eve services.
- Discussed Joe Hand’s resignation and met with the band.
- Accepted by common consent to hire Tom Pizzi as permanent pianist.
- Motion: A motion was made that Tom Ledoux lead the search committee for a new contemporary worship leader that consists of Pat Schoch, Mike Wilkerson, Dave Sanders, Judy Hanson, Joyce Corso, seconded and passed unanimously.
Ministry: Elder Donna Gibbons
- Rose Gorman and Orv Liesman have been contacted about being introduced at the Congregational Meeting.
Pastoral Care: Elder Lynn Miller
- The Extended Table served 30 home bound Christians Communion this month.
- Stephen Ministry will not have a training session this winter.
- The Transportation Ministry is up and running.
- The Healing Ministry is inviting all to attend a Continental Breakfast Saturday, January 25th at 8:00 in the Fellowship Hall for an introduction to “Jesus the Healer”, Exploring the Gospel Accounts of Jesus Healing Ministry.
Mission Outreach: Elder Jack Kiley
- $29,500 was raised for SOZO and presented to David Houck.
- We support Ministries in India by sending a check on a regular basis.
Youth and Children Discipleship: Elder Jim Crutchfield
- A summer day camp is being explored.
- There will be a trip to Orlando in June for the teens.
- There will be a pancake dinner on March 4 for the kid’s mission trip.
- There is a need for:
- More Sunday School teachers
- More money for VBS
- Ordered more paint to make children’s room more attractive to children.
- Holly wants a playground behind church.
- The Kings Brass brought in $4000.
- Motion: A motion was made, seconded and passed unanimously to give permission to do Communion with the teens and “tweens”.
Fellowship: Elder Judy Etheridge
- The 101 class was held last Sunday with 52 in attendance and 41 joining the church.
- Schedules for the Sunday Café and Welcome Center are completed.
- More tables are ordered foe the lobby.
- FAB Wednesdays Committee will have one outstanding speaker a month with a pertinent topic.
- PW Moderator, Carol Potter, reported the following activities are scheduled:
- Central Florida PW 25th Gathering will be held January 25th.
- Moderator Rose Gorman will retire and be honored for her service.
- The Women’s PW Retreat will be held on march 15th.
- The PW Fashion Show and Tea will be chaired by Vicki Rudell.
- Motion: A motion was made to use our facility for the Central Florida Presbyterian Women’s Bible Study Event on Saturday, August 22, 2015, seconded and passed unanimously.
Discipleship: Elder Bill Monie
- There is still no Sunday School Teacher for the 9:45 class.
- A letter along with a pledge card was sent out for this Sunday’s Stewardship Sunday.
Administration: Elder John T. Smith
- Motion: A motion was made, seconded and passed unanimously to give staff year end gifts.
New Business: Next Presbytery Meeting is March 1
Closing: Motion- A Motion was made, seconded, and passed unanimously to close the meeting. Pastor Denny closed in prayer.
Betty Lint, Clerk Of Session