North Lake Presbyterian Church
Children’s Ministry Director Job Description
STATUS: Full-Time, Salaried & Benefits
General Purpose of Position:
The Children's Ministry Director is responsible for building young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a vision, strategy and comprehensive approach for all programs, activities (including fellowship, discipleship and mission) and educational aspects related to children’s ministry at North Lake. This position is also responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing all K through 5th grade ministries. Specifically, the Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for Sunday School (Nursery-5th grade), Children's Moment during Contemporary Service, Logos, VBS, budget planning, and special events related to the Children's Ministry.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Children's Ministry Director reports to the Associate Pastor of Discipleship.
Competencies and Expectations:
- Passion for ministry to children and parents and helping them grow in their faith.
- Growing and active relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of North Lake.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Works with the Associate Pastor of Discipleship to develop and implement a vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Leadership Team and Elders.
- Recruits and develops volunteers for all aspects of Children’s Ministries .
- Provide strategic leadership, planning initiatives and training for CM volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement to CM staff and volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations.
- Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
- Oversees the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Develops communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Manages communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Develops and implements all safety and security processes for CM in cooperation with other staff and administrators.
- Oversees and implements all programming for Sunday School and mid-week Logos ministries.
- Develops, implements and coordinates Vacation Bible School and other family events for CM parents and families.
- Planning and coordinating joint events with Little Blessings to encourage families to become involved with the children and family ministries at North Lake.
- Support, coordination and planning with Youth Director on events that include children, youth and their families.
- Work with Youth Director in facilitating transition of 5th grade children to middle school youth programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Masters Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years commensurate experience
- Works well with a senior congregation
Submit Resume and Cover Letter To:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail - North Lake Presbyterian Church, Attention Associate Pastor of Discipleship, 975 Rolling Acres Rd, Lady Lake Florida 32159
- Question call - 352-753-8484